SIA “GS Core” consumer application processing rules:
- All incoming correspondence is received by the office administrator, who performs the initial processing of correspondence, distinguishing between consumer applications and third-party applications that have a direct connection with the debt recovery process.
- Consumer applications and applications from third parties directly related to the debt recovery process are scanned and handed over to the employee responsible for processing the application on the day of receipt. In the debt processing system, an entry on the receipt of the application is made in the relevant debt recovery cases. Applications are stored in electronic format on the server, but their originals are stored in the document archive. Other items that are not directly related to the debt recovery process are distributed to the responsible employees of SIA “GS Core” according to their jurisdiction.
- Not later than on the next working day after receipt of the application, the responsible employee, based on the content of the application, the workload of the employees of the department and their professional competence, shall distribute the applications among the employees of the department. Upon receipt of the application, the employee shall make an entry in the debt processing system stating that the response to the specific application will be prepared by that employee.
- The information included in the application is protected and may be processed only in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable regulatory enactments. The applicant has the right to prohibit the disclosure of his identity without his consent.
- The response to the consumer’s application must be provided (sent) within 30 days from the day of its receipt. Taking into account the circumstances of the case, the employee responsible for processing the applications is entitled to set a shorter term for providing a response. In cases where it is necessary to obtain additional information or documents from other persons in order to prepare a response, the information shall be requested and the response shall be prepared within a reasonable time without undue delay. A notice regarding the extension of the term for submission of a response shall be sent to the submitter within 30 days from the date of receipt of the submission, stating the relevant reasons. In any case, the applicant must be provided with a response within 60 days of receipt of the application.
- The answer shall be prepared based on the content of the submission and the requests expressed therein, as well as other relevant circumstances of the case. The consumer shall be provided with as complete an explanation of the situation as possible, without concealing important circumstances, even in cases where they are not specifically asked about in the application.
- Responses are signed by an employee who is responsible for the compliance of the information contained in the response with the law and company policy. In his absence, the answers shall be signed by another person authorized for that purpose.
- In cases where the consumer wants to agree on a debt repayment procedure, the answer must be agreed with the company’s board or a person appointed by it.
- If the application has been submitted on behalf of the consumer by a third party without enclosing a document substantiating the representation, a request to submit the said document shall be sent to the third party. The time limit for reply shall be counted from the date of receipt of the document certifying representation. If a document certifying representation is not received, the answer to the application is not provided in substance.
- Replies should be sent to the addressees by registered mail or in encrypted form to an identified e-mail address, unless another method of receipt is indicated in the submission.
- The answer (reply) shall be registered in the register of documents to be sent, assigning it the appropriate serial number. The answers are stored in electronic form, as well as one paper copy of the answer is stored in the archive. After preparing the answer, the employee makes a corresponding content entry in the debt processing system.
- Upon receipt of the application in electronic form, the office administrator or other employee who received the consignment shall verify that it is signed with a secure electronic signature. An electronic document signed with a secure electronic signature can be processed according to the general rules.
- If an application is received in electronic form that is not signed with a secure electronic signature, the applicant must send a reply letter requesting that the application be sent in paper format or signed with a secure electronic signature. Exceptions to this rule are allowed and the reply must be sent in the same electronic form if the reply does not require an investigation of the specific debt recovery case and if it does not include personally identifiable information.
- In cases where an oral application or complaint has been received, the employee evaluates his / her ability to give a full answer (explanation) orally. If the employee is unable to provide a substantive response immediately or personal data may be disclosed to an unidentified person in the response, he shall ask the consumer to submit a written request and, if necessary, assist in its preparation.
- The procedure for processing applications described in these Regulations shall also apply in full to legal persons and natural persons who are not considered to be consumers.
- These application processing rules are available in electronic form on the website of SIA GS Core, as well as in paper format at all out-of-court debt collection service providers.
These regulations come into force on 6th of April, 2021.